From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on a Lenovo X1 Carbon (3rd gen)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 19:11:18
1 Ralf <ralf+gentoo@×××××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2
3 > Hi folks,
4 >
5 > i just got my brand new Lenovo X1 Carbon and trying to get Gentoo
6 > running on it.
7 >
8 > Beside some really big issues (HiDPI display, 2048x1152 resolution on
9 > a 14" display really sucks on linux, xrandr scaling is horrible, no
10 > scaling is damn too small to read, missing touch support in most
11
12 I also have some HiDPI display (140 DPI) but text and icon rendering is
13 perfect with XFCE. It's even much better than with my windows 7 machine.
14 Your display has a higher resolution (168 DPI) but I don't think that
15 this makes a big difference. Maybe there is a way to tweak your Desktop
16 settings for a better rendering/scaling?
19 Regards
20 wabe