From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [Bulk] Re: [gentoo-user] /etc/hosts include file?
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 01:43:23
1 On Fri, Mar 08, 2013 at 07:41:13PM -0500, Michael Mol wrote
2
3 > The trouble with NAT is that it destroys peer-to-peer protocols. The
4 > first was FTP in Active mode.
5
6 In its day, it was OK. Nowadays, we use passive mode. What's the
7 problem?
8
9 > SIP has been heavily damaged as well. Anyone who's used IRC is
10 > familiar with the problems NAT introduces to DCC.
11
12 Every ADSL router-modem I've run into recently has port-forwarding.
13
14 > Anyone who's ever played video games online,...
15
16 A *CLIENT* that can't operate from behind NAT is totally brain-dead.
17
18 > or who's tried hosting a Teamspeak or Ventrillo server, has had NAT
19 > get in their way as well.
20
21 Port-forwarding.
24 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
25 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications