From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Updating old Gentoo on notebook
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 15:35:38
1 Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 03:33:14AM -0500, Dale wrote
3 >> I'm no pro at this but I think if you update xinit and sysvinit first it
4 >> will clear that block. It could be the other way around tho. If init
5 >> packages first doesn't work, try the display-manager-init first.
6 >> Sometimes emerge spits things out backwards.
7 >>
8 >> One could remove those two *init packages but if you are actually
9 >> running that install, it could cause issues. If done while chrooting
10 >> in, it should be safe.
11 >>
12 >> One of those methods *should* work. In theory. ;-)
13 > Thabk you very much. Emerging xinit broke the icejam. Now it's
14 > "only" a matter of...
15 >
16 > Total: 377 packages (298 upgrades, 52 new, 2 in new slots, 25 reinstalls), Size of downloads: 1,408,922 KiB
17 >
18 > ...wish me luck.
19 >
20
21
22 Glad to help.  I get a lot of help from this list so nice to give back a
23 little.  ;-)
24
25 Happy compiling.  Keep the thing cool.
26
27 Dale
28