From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "free -m" under x86_64
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 10:04:34
1 Bryan Whitehead schrieb:
2 > Looks fine. Looks like you see nearly all of the 4GB of ram (3982104).
3 > You probably have a lot of memory reserved in BIOS shadows or other
4 > hardware (like video card). This looks perfectly normal.
5
6 Yes ...
7
8 > If you have an onboard video card, a chunk of your memory is probably
9 > being used for that. In the BIOS you can usually set how much memory
10 > should be reserved for your video card. On board sound card can do the
11 > same.
12
13 There is no onboard video card, maybe the soundcard uses something, yes.
14 But I have loads of RAM free so I don't really care right now ;)
15
16 Thanks for the info, Stefan
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list