From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I don't understand what's happening with "emerge gnupg"
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 00:26:13
1 On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 18:55:43 -0500, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > - why didn't portage replace the old version itself? That's generally
4 > part of the update process.
5
6 GnuPG is slotted, so 1.* and 2.* can be installed simultaneously.
7
8 > - once I manually unmerged gnupg, what brings it back? I did *NOT*
9 > use revdep-rebuild.
10
11 Use --tree with the emerge command to see this.
12
13 > - what's with the additional flags for 2.0.7 compared to what 2.0.7
14 > had the previous time I tried?
15
16 Unless you use --verbose, emerge shows only the USE flags that have
17 changed since the current install. As you no longer have GnuPG
18 installed, that is now all flags.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing.