From: Ashley Dixon <ash@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] re: pcre install failure
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2020 03:12:53
1 On Mon, Oct 05, 2020 at 10:11:23PM -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote:
2 > Here is my /etc/portage/make.conf if it will help on the use variable.
3 > I'm sending the whole file since it may have other errors.
4
5 Looks fine to me, aside from this potentially problematic line:
6
7 > MAKEOPTS="-j2"
8
9 I've had some very obscure and hard-to-diagnose errors arise due to this
10 parallelism option. Try changing it to "-j1" and build again. If that still
11 does not work, you might have to provide the build information of every
12 dependency of PCRE (`libedit` is irrelevant for your case):
13
14 $ emerge --info app-arch/bzip2 sys-libs/zlib \
15 > sys-libs/readline dev-util/pkgconfig
16
17 I'd also like to see the explicit packages pulled in by PCRE, without the
18 clutter of your world set. I could try and infer it from the indentation of the
19 dependency graph you already provided, but I'm down six shots of vodka and I'd
20 rather not make a fool of myself. This should be the output of the following
21 emerge command:
22
23 $ emerge -tvp libpcre
24
25 These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:
26
27 Calculating dependencies... done!
28 [ebuild R ] dev-libs/libpcre-8.44:3::gentoo USE="bzip2 cxx jit readline recursion-limit (split-usr) (unicode) zlib -libedit -pcre16 -pcre32 -static-libs" ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 0 KiB
32 Ashley Dixon
33 suugaku.co.uk
36 DA96 D18A
37 8A7B B0D2