From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mdev and lvm2
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2013 13:48:43
1 Hi, Dan.
2
3 On Sun, Apr 07, 2013 at 02:34:16PM +0200, Dan Johansson wrote:
4 > Hello List,
5
6 > What is the status of using mdev (instead the ever "growing" udev)
7 > together with lvm2? Reason for my question is that at
8 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Mdev it says " One beta tester reports
9 > getting close with lvm2, but it's not there yet.".
10
11 I think that beta tester was me. I had lvm2 partitions running under
12 mdev without problems. (They were also RAID-1, just for completion's
13 sake.)
14
15 The only change I had to make was to my /etc/fstab. Where I previously
16 had:
17
18 /dev/vg/usr /usr <options>
19
20 under udev, I then needed
21
22 /dev/mapper/vg-usr /usr <options>
23
24 instead. mdev failed to create the /dev/vg directory. With this change,
25 my system worked quite happily. Sadly, I went back to udev when
26 xf86-input-evdev-2.7.0 started depending on udev, back in June last year.
27
28 > Regards,
29 > --
30 > Dan Johansson, <http://www.dmj.nu>
32 > This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!
36 Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).