From: Steffen Loos <fenlo@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: device eth0 does not exist
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 12:46:58
1 Cinder schrieb:
2 >> What is the NIC in the box where eth0 isn't showing up?
3 > Intel Corporation 82547EI Gigabit Ethernet Controller
4 >> Is the driver in your kernel?
5 > No. It's a module (e1000) and I watched it compile. I tried a static driver as well.
6 >
7 > lspci say's http://pastebin.com/md3578a6
8 >
9 > I deleted etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules and rebooted. Now there's a message that loading module e1000 failed, and still device eth0 does not exist as well as device eth1 does not exits, but there are symlinks in /etc/init.d for both.
10 >
11 Hm, is it a pci-express device? - then just try to use e1000e module.
12
13 If the driver loads w/o problems you should see the device after:
14 /sbin/ifconfig -a
17 Steffen