From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ALSA_CARDS Variable in-kernel drivers?
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 23:02:21
1 On Tuesday 27 February 2007, Jakob Buchgraber
2 <jakob.buchgraber@××××××××××.com> wrote about '[gentoo-user] ALSA_CARDS
3 Variable in-kernel drivers?':
4 > I just read about the required ALSA_CARDS variable when using in-kernel
5 > drivers in the Gentoo Newsletter. Since I am using in-kernel ALSA
6 > drivers I would like to know what changed and why this is required? Is
7 > this explained somewhere? I am using vanilla-sources (not
8 > gentoo-sources). So do I need to set ALSA_CARDS when using
9 > vanilla-sources too?
10
11 Flameeyes has been blogging about this. Basically, there are other
12 packages (besides the out-of-tree kernel module package) that will now use
13 this package to decide what to install. Please set it in /etc/make.conf
14 appropriately.
15
16 http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/articles/2007/02/17/alsa-and-disposable-power-tools
17 http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/articles/2007/02/17/alsa-again-alsa-tools-cleanup
18 http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/articles/2007/02/18/alsa-improvements-part-3
21 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
22 bss03@××××××××××.net ((_/)o o(\_))
23 ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy `-'(. .)`-'
24 http://iguanasuicide.org/ \_/
25 New GPG Key! Old key expires 2007-03-25. Upgrade NOW!