From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Console scrollback
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 08:53:04
1 On 20/01/21 19:59, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2 > I can understand the kernel
3 > maintainers not being enthusiastic about the existing code. But that
4 > dates from, I believe, the 1990s, when RAM was measured in megabytes, and
5 > processor speeds in megahertz. Optimisation for speed and store usage
6 > just isn't important any more.
7
8 I thin you're being highly optimistic. Bear in mind that this is the
9 code that was responsible for Alan Cox ceasing linux development, it's
10 such a pile of steaming manure ...
11
12 Don't ask me why it is, but I think it's got so much stuff wrong with it
13 that the entire system is marked "beware here be dragons".
14
15 https://lwn.net/Articles/842415/
16
17 Take a read, as it's mentioned in this article.
18
19 Cheers,
20 Wol