From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Programm for Floor Plans
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 03:24:09
1 2013/3/4 Andrew Lowe <250520E@××××××××××.au>
2
3 > On 5/03/2013 8:52 AM, Andrey Moshbear wrote:
4 >
5 >> On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 6:56 PM, Silvio Siefke <siefke_listen@×××.de>
6 >> wrote:
7 >>
8 >>> Hello,
9 >>>
10 >>>
11 >>> know someone a program for draw floor plans? I has use normal Visio for
12 >>> it, but unter Linux?
13 >>>
14 >>
15 >> Have you tried app-office/dia ?
18 >> My two cents on dia: ugly, klunky, non intuitive, simple tasks
19 > are nearly, if not totally impossible to perform. I teach 1st year
20 > Engineering students and I recommend they look at Draftsight. It's not in
21 > portage, but is an easy install. It's also multiplatform, Linux, Win & Mac.
22 >
23 > Regards,
24 > Andrew
28 I have tried to use Google Sketchup in the past, with little success, but I
29 didn't persist as I should, I guess. Don't know if it is in portage, though.
30
31 If 2D drawing is enough, OpenOffice / LibreOffice have a vector drawing
32 program, and Inkscape is just about it.
33
34 For a big shot, Blender is a 3D suite, but complex enough to scare a bit.
35
36 Good luck
37 Francisco
38 --
39 "If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you
40 and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have
41 one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas."
42 - George Bernard Shaw