From: "Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dinosaur Matrox Mystique: corruption
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 15:02:43
1 Bob:
2
3 Your comments are extremely useful. However much I would like to get a newer
4 graphics card, I am stuck with this one for a few weeks at least. It works
5 well on an Ubuntu system on a different partition.
6
7 How would you recommend to go about trying vesa. That may be what Ubuntu is
8 doing. Turn on vesa framebuffer?
9
10 I backed down to 1024xsomething: vertical lines were scalloped/wavy. Someone
11 mentioned this would be a timing issue, but I don't know what I'd do to
12 microadjust timing? xvidtune? I'll try it.
13
14 Thanks again.
15
16 Alan