From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Udev rules for identical hard drives
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 18:49:48
1 Mark Knecht writes:
2
3 > On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 8:02 AM, Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
4 > wrote:
5 > > Mark Knecht writes:
6 > >
7 > >> Check out the very nice 'lsdrv' script by Phil Turmel. Run it, save a
8 > >> copy of the output for bad times.
9 > >>
10 > >> https://github.com/pturmel/lsdrv
11 > >
12 > > That doesn't work here, and I do not understand why. In line 305 it
13 > > tries and fails to create /dev/block, which is already existing.
14 > >
15 > > if not os.path.exists('/dev/block'):
16 > > os.mkdir('/dev/block', 0755)
17 > >
18 > > Uh, is this a python bug? It works fine with python 2.7, but not with
19 > > 3.2. But os.path.exists() is quite a basic function, if that wouldn't
20 > > work, I'd expect all things to break, including emerge.
21 > >
22 > > Nice script. Much similar to lshw I think, but it shows more stuff,
23 > > like LVM names and UUIDS. Thanks!
24
25 > Dunno about the python-3.2 thing. Are you set to use 3.2 by default?
26 > (How aggressive of you!) ;-) I'm set to use 2.7 as default which I
27 > think is the overall recommendation of dummies like me:
28
29 Portage should work well with 3.2 now, but I wouldn't wonder much if
30 something would break. I don't mind much about this, when it happens I
31 file a bug report, and use 2.7 again. But the problem with
32 os.path.exists() seems weird to me.
33
34 > c2stable ~ # eselect python list
35 > Available Python interpreters:
36 > [1] python2.7 *
37 > [2] python3.2
38 > c2stable ~ #
39 >
40 > The script has been around awhile and updated now and again. Possibly
41 > it's just not tested with python-3.2?
42
43 I guess so. Hmm, does anybody want to provide an ebuild on
44 bugs.gentoo.org for it? It would be nice to have it in portage.
45
46 Wonko