From: Statux <statux@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Via UniChrome Pro and Xorg
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 01:06:50
1 Hello all.
2
3 I am building a system which has the Unichrome Pro IGP video chipset
4 (Via P4M800 Northbridge) and I cannot for the life of me get the via
5 driver for Xorg 7.x to work. In fact, all I really need (as this system
6 will be my mother's when I'm done with it) is a simple 2D display with
7 16bit color because she, most likely, will not be using anything
8 accellerated but if I could ever get that rolling, it wouldn't be bad.
9 But, first things first. I'm no stranger to X, etc. I've gotten several
10 computers flowing nicely with it but this is confusing me. Yes, I have
11 everything configured correctly in the kernel, everything seems to come
12 up and get detected, but outside of a basic 1, 2, 4, 8, whatever bit
13 display (which I think I might have gotten with the vga driver through a
14 test config with one of the config utilities) I've got nothing. My
15 mother's current system (which I set up, which is also not with me at
16 the moment) is running some 16bit svga 2D setup which I can't seem to
17 reproduce off the top of my head (She's running Xorg < 7.x, though).
18
19 Does anyone have a working config for this chipset or know of some
20 pointers which I obviously have not tried yet?
21
22 -Statux