From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why does update want to replace ssmtp with courier?
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2011 04:35:14
1 On Sat, Jul 02, 2011 at 11:15:04PM -0400, Walter Dnes wrote
2 > Fortunately, I do emerge -pv... otherwise I wouldn't be able to send
3 > this email, asking what the bleep is going on. I'm trying to do a
4 > regular update on my desktop and laptop. Apparently the update wants to
5 > replace ssmtp with courier on both machines. equery shows courier to be
6 > a dependancy for virtual/mta-0 which is a dependancy for virtual/mta.
7 >
8 > I really don't want/need a full-blown MTA. ssmtp simply pushes email
9 > out the door to my ISP, who takes care of it.
10
11 Here's a temporary workaround...
12
13 [i3][root][~] cat /etc/portage/profile/package.provided
14 mail-mta/courier-0.65.2-r1
15
16 Definitely fewer packages to be emerged, because courier is not
17 pulling in its dependancies. But I'd still like a better answer.
20 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>