From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage package.use
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 03:21:59
1 On Tuesday 17 April 2007 17:58:27 Richard Marz wrote:
2 > It is it possible to glob an entire subdirectory in package.use. I'm
3 > trying to stop portage from using the doc flag when installing java
4 > development suites. I tried adding the following to my package.use file:
5 > dev-java/* -doc
6 > Then ran `emerge -uD world` and it attempted to download the jdk doc
7 > file which totally stopped the whole update process half-way because the
8 > ebuild doesn't support that because of possible licensing issues. Is
9 > there any globbing allowed in the package.use file.
10
11 Nope. That leaves you two options that I'm aware of:
12
13 1) Adding all packages currently in dev-java:
14
15 # { echo "# disable doc for all packages in dev-java" && \
16 cd $(portageq portdir) && find dev-java -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 -type d | \
17 sed 's/$/ -doc/'; } >> /etc/portage/package.use
18
19 2) Switching to Paludis which does support wildcards (currently only in the -scm
20 version): http://ciaranm.org/show_post/114
21
22 If you go with 2) make sure to read the Paludis docs and faq at paludis.org...
25 Bo Andresen