From: Gregory SACRE <gregory.sacre@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB stick recognition problem
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 14:06:32
1 Hi Helmut,
4 It sounds like there is a problem with the partition table on your USB
5 stick. It might be the consequence of a hardware failure (read or more
6 probably write) at some point.
7 If, as you mention, once you do an fdisk then "p", you can use once
8 again your USB stick, then maybe save everything you have on it, then
9 create a new partition table using fdisk on that disk and format the
10 whole thing.
13 Hope that helps,
14
15 Greg
16
17 On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Helmut Jarausch