From: Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo 2006.1 profile and use flag changes
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 22:23:59
1 Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2 > On Saturday 02 September 2006 23:33, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> I still didn't see where they were telling us what USE flags were being
5 >> replaced by what.
8 > I have already stated that I don't think that such a thing exists. Now what I
9 > do is to not change my profile before
10 >
11 > # emerge -uvpDNt
12 >
13 > doesn't what to emerge anything. Then immediately after changing the profile
14 > I run the same command again and that makes it quite clear which use flags
15 > changed... If I disagree with any of the changes I revert it via USE=
16 > in /etc/make.conf.
17 >
18 > Some quick scripting, however, shows that the difference between 2006.0 and
19 > 2006.1/desktop is as follows:
20 >
21 > In 2006.0 but not in 2006.1/desktop:
22 > apache2 apm foomaticdb gtk2 imlib libwww motif xmms
23 >
24 > In 2006.1/desktop but not in 2006.0:
25 > cairo cdr dbus dvd dvdr fam firefox hal ldap nptlonly ppds unicode win32codecs
29 The fact it doesn't exist is what I was curious about. It looks like
30 they could create a list and/or thread on the forums to let us know what
31 is changing. I want to get all the current "bugs" worked out before I
32 start changing profiles. My emerge -e world after the gcc upgrade is
33 still in progress and some are not going well.
34
35 Thanks for showing the change in USE too.
36
37 Dale
38
40 --