From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge world looking grim
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 15:05:28
1 Rich Freeman <rich0 <at> gentoo.org> writes:
4 > > Are you going to roll out some "notes" on putting
5 > > raid-1::btrfs onto HD? Or just the VM install?
6
7 Sure. What about an example fstab using names and UUIDs
8 at the same time, or and fstab with UUID and one with labels
9 if they cannot be used simultaneously in the same fstab.
10
11 (boot root and swap only :: just to keep it simple)
14 > The notes should work just fine for installing that on an HD. Is
15 > there something you found missing in them?
16
17 I'm working on setting up a bunch of old boxes to test installations
18 on actual hardware. Part of that is more AC and UPS capacity in
19 the lab. Wiring and more breakers (AFCI/GFI) so the project has
20 grown and there are other non related HW issues I'm working on too.
24 > The only thing they aren't targeted at is EFI. I'd need to mess with
25 > that a bit in a VM as I do not have any EFI hardware other than my
26 > chromebook, which seems fussier than most as far as what it boots.
29 Yep. Previously we have discuss MBR/EFI grub1-grub2, gpt (>< wT disks)
30 and tools to effect the (/boot/root/swap). And then there
31 is the need for a quick or unattended install semantic, before
32 I can rigorously test those many conflicts. I'll start a new thread
33 when I'm ready. Best guess is a few weeks.
36 thx,
37 James