From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Xine plays *.m4v, but won't play the file when renamed to *.mp4
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 18:22:19
1 DISREGARD!
2
3 Xine isn't complaining about the file extension, it's complaining
4 about the directory name.
5
6 Sorry for the noise.
7
8 On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 10:16 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
9 > Hi,
10 >   I wonder if anyone else here uses xine to play mp4 files? I started
11 > using Handbrake awhile back to rip my DVDs. The default file extension
12 > was m4v so I left it that way and had no problems with xine.
13 >
14 >   I've just received a new TV full of Open Source software. One of
15 > the things the TV will do is play files off of an attached USB hard
16 > drive, but the TV recognizes a limited number file formats, one being
17 > mp4. My m4v files, when renamed to mp4, play just fine, but are no
18 > longer played by xine.
19 >
20 >   Anyone have a work around for this?
21 >
22 > Thanks,
23 > Mark