From: Moshe Kamensky <samvimes@××××××××.fm>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: procmail, formail and maildir for digests...
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 16:16:59
1 * Steve [Gentoo] <gentoo_steve@×××××××.uk> [11/10/06 09:34]:
2 > I'm familiar with this procmail recipe:
3 >
4 > --
5 > :0
6 >
7 > * ^List-Id:.*<gentoo-user.gentoo.org>
8 > | formail +1 -ds >> gentoo_user
9 > --
10 >
11 > However... I need to use maildir.... is there a straightforward way to deliver directly to maildir folders with formail from procmail?
12
13 The -s option of formail allows you to specify an argument, which is a
14 program name. This program will be run for each message, with the
15 message on the stdin. So if you have such a program that delivers to a
16 maildir, you can use it. procmail itself is one such program, so you
17 should be able to do something like
18
19 | formail +1 -ds procmail .procmailrc.gentoo
20
21 and then have .procmailrc.gentoo say something like
22
23 :0
24 gentoo-user/
25