From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dhcpd always shows "crashed" even though it's running
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2015 09:11:18
1 On Friday 04 Sep 2015 09:48:00 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 4 Sep 2015 08:06:18 +0100, Mick wrote:
3 > > Also, here at least, I have /run/dhcpcd/ with its subdirectories as
4 > > well as /run/dhcpcd-enp11s0.pid both owned by root:root, but this is a
5 > > laptop and the dhcpcd is launched by ifplugd.
6 >
7 > Using ifplugd to manage your connection can conflict with the openrc
8 > stuff. If you install ifplugd but do not configure it to run, openrc will
9 > use it itself, avoiding any such conflicts.
10
11 I am a bit confused about your statement not to configure ifplugd to run.
12 There's no /etc/conf.d or /etc/init.d file for ifplugd per se, if that's what
13 you mean, but in /etc/conf.d/net I have:
14
15 ifplugd_enp11s0="-t 2 -u 3
18 Regards,
19 Mick