From: "Timothy A. Holmes" <tholmes@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Compiling binaries on a different server
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 13:20:56
1 Hi folks:
2
3 I was reading the thread on the lightweight gentoo system. This to a
4 degree meshed with what a friend and I have been talking about.
5 Essentially setting up a standard image for all of my gentoo servers,
6 and stage 4ing (is that a word?) that image to the servers. Once they
7 are in production, building updates etc in a dedicated build environment
8 and simply rolling out binaries to the boxes as they are needed.
9
10 The concept sounds really good, giving me the ability to do (relatively)
11 fast updates with binaries on the production servers, after they have
12 been through testing, with out tying up resouces, and (more importantly)
13 being able to fully test them prior to putting them into production.
14
15 If anyone has done this type of thing, or has references, links,
16 pointers etc I would REALLY appreciate them.
17
18 Thanks
19
20 TIM
23 Timothy A. Holmes
24 IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher
25
26 Medina Christian Academy
27 A Higher Standard...
28