From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Suspend2 issues
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 01:54:31
1 On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 18:18 -0600, Mike Myers wrote:
2 > Thanks for the info! I kinda figured that klaptop did something
3 > different. It obviously didn't run the hibernate.conf scripts. I guess
4 > I can settle for running hibernate in the console, I mean, that's better
5 > than nothing, really.
6
7 You could also set up a taskbar shortcut:
8
9 bash -c "sudo hibernate"
10
11 (Don't know if running it in bash is necessary, but I have multiline
12 taskbar buttons, so I spawn them with bash)
13
14 Then you can set a nice icon to it! You could even give yourself sudo
15 privileges for hibernate so you don't have to enter a password...
16
17 aaahhh, Linux!
18 --
19 Iain Buchanan <iain at netspace dot net dot au>
20
21 A transistor protected by a fast-acting fuse will protect the fuse by
22 blowing first.
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list