From: Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /etc/init.d/local - one thing led to another
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:50:09
1 On 8/31/05, John J. Foster <Gentoo-User@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 > Thanks - I'll do this when I get home tonight. But a question remains.
5 > Why didn't it work even if not the proper way of doing it? Why did a
6 > restart
7 > of the /etc/init.d/local script work properly?
8 >
9 > I really couldn't say why it didn't work unless perhaps local is run as an
10 unprivileged user. I am pretty sure that's not the case so I'm not sure.
11 -Mike
15 Michael E. Crute
16 Software Developer
17 SoftGroup Development Corporation
18
19 Linux, because reboots are for installing hardware.
20 "In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"