From: Paul Colquhoun <paulcol@×××××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pvcreate won't create pv
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 00:07:36
1 On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 14:26:51 felix@×××××××.com wrote:
2 > Got my two 4TB drives installed. Now I need to get stuff off /dev/hda
3 > so I can turn it into an LVM volumne. So I copied everything there to
4 > the the 7.3TB LVM filesystem, then tried to create a new pv on
5 > /dev/hda1. No joy. I get
6 >
7 > Device /dev/hda1 not found (or ignored by filtering).
8 >
9 > /dev/hda has only /dev/hda1 which takes all the space. The partition
10 > type is 8e, Linux LVM. It's not mounted. I tried pvcreate -f. I
11 > tried dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda1 count=1. What is pvcreate really
12 > complaining about?
15 What active 'filter = ' lines do you currently have in /etc/lvm/lvm.conf?
16
17 Does it have something like 'r|/dev/hd.*' in it to hide all the IDE devices
18 from LVM?
22 Reverend Paul Colquhoun, ULC. http://andor.dropbear.id.au/~paulcol
23 Asking for technical help in newsgroups? Read this first:
24 http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#intro