From: Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Need help configuring kernel for firewall support [SOLVED]
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 04:09:16
1 --- Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > On Tuesday 3 October 2006 18:44, Michael Sullivan
4 > wrote:
7 > > # Core Netfilter Configuration
8 > > #
9 > > # CONFIG_NETFILTER_NETLINK is not set
10 > > # CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK is not set
11 > > # CONFIG_NETFILTER_XTABLES is not set
12 >
13 > xtables is mandatory, as clearly stated in the
14 > corresponding kernel
15 > config entry:
16 >
17 > Netfilter Xtables support (required for ip_tables)
18 >
19 > Additionally, you'll probably want to enable some or
20 > all of the following
21 > targets and matches (you'll see them when you enable
22 > xtables).
23 > --
24 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
29 I found the problem. It gets filed in the
30 Things-One-Should_Check_For-Before-Posting cabinet.
31 As it turns out, the kernel config I've been tweaking
32 all afternoon was not in fact the source code for the
33 kernel I kept rebooting. The /usr/src/linux symlink
34 was pointing at a different version's source code. I
35 found it, recreated the symlink and rebuilt the
36 kernel, then after rebooting it worked right. I'm
37 sorry for troubling you all...
38 -Michael Sullivan-
42 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list