From: Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] slim/X11 : waiting for X server to begin accepting connections.
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 18:40:39
1 On 03/10/2014 08:05 PM, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > it seems the powerfail this moring while I was updateing my Linux box
5 > has killed / screwed up something.
6 >
7 > The effect:
8 > Slim login manager starts and presents the login screen.
9 > It is possible to login but openbox seems not to start -
10 > I get the typical cross-cursor in the middle of the screen
11 > (but the grey background is replaced by plain black)
12 > The last entry in the slim.log is:
13 >
14 > slim: waiting for X server to begin accepting connections.
15 > slim: open_session: Unable to open session: Unable to get information
16 > about the calling process
17 >
18 > I resumed the interrupted update process, I did:
19 > "emerge xf86-input-evdev xf86-input-keyboard xf86-input-mouse
20 > nvidia-drivers"
21 > I recompiled the X-server.
22 > Nothing helps.
23 >
24 > What can I try else to get X working again?
25 >
26 > Thank you very much for any (quick;) help in advance!
27 > Best regards,
28 > mcc
33 Sounds like a problem other folk encountered before. See
34 https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-983068.html?sid=322897f0f12db44e211be450629bfbc1
35 for details. Hope this helps.