From: Daevid Vincent <daevid@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] phpmyadmin user/password?
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 23:29:39
1 I emerged phpmyadmin 2.7 and when I go to the URL, it prompts for a
2 user/password. What exactly is this user/pw it's looking for? The one stored
3 in mysql.users? My actual account? Both in this case have no password set.
4
5 I've used this program for years, and I've just installed it from their
6 source tarballs. The ebuild seems to add this htaccess style protection (yet
7 I see no .htaccess file)
8
9 I have a VMWare that I use for webdev. I have no pw on root. (spare me the
10 warnings please, this isn't a mission critical "box", it's just a quick VM
11 to get LAMP/Rails stuff coded in without a lot of fuss).
12
13 I've tried from links2 on localhost (this VM has no X-windows/GUI).
14 I also have tried via web browser on the host.
15
16 I put 'root' and '' but it doesn't accept it. This is all stock
17 phpmyadmin/mysql install thus far.
18
19 Strangely however, I have installed this ebuild on the host machine (ie. My
20 notebook) and that same user/pw combo does work (and yes, I have a pw on
21 root's account, but not the mysql root one) -- but that was installed with
22 an older phpmyadmin and upgraded over time.
23
24 "You had me at EHLO" --E.Webb (10.04.05)
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list