From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] printer won't stop puking
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 08:48:29
1 On 16 February 2006 09:56, Robert Persson wrote:
2 > My (parallel port laser) printer started spewing garbage (i.e. pcl data as
3 > text - a few characters per sheet) as a result, I think, of a loose cable.
4 >
5 > Trouble is I can't stop it. I cleared the print jobs. Even stopped cups.
6 > Tried to rmmod parport_pc and lp, but was refused. Tried pressing the stop
7 > and reset buttons on the printer many times. Nothing doing. The only thing
8 > that stops the flow is disconnecting the parallel cable.
9
10 One of the very few shortcomings of cups is that it is very hard to delete an
11 active print job. :-(
14 > I'm about to reboot, hoping that that will do the trick. But surely there's
15 > a way to stop the diarrhoea without rebooting, isn't there?
16
17 Don't, it won't help. Do a "ps ax | less" and try to find everything remotely
18 related to printing and converting. Kill all those processes - there will be
19 several.
20
21 Uwe
24 Why do consumers keep buying products they will live to curse?
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list