From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: @kde-4.2
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 14:06:29
1 Neil Bothwick <neil <at> digimed.co.uk> writes:
5 > > 'autounmask kde-4.2' did not work.....
6
7 > So autounmask does not understand sets. Either append the set file to
8 > package.keywords
9
10 Ok,
11 On my next 4.2.x kde install, I'll try this approach with autounmask.
12
13 > cat /etc/portage/sets/kde4.3 >>/etc/portage/package.keywords
14 > Or make package.keywordsa directory and simply put a copy of the sets
15 > file in there (or a symlink to the sets file). This is the more
16 > manageable option.
19 Interesting approach. I usually like to follow the gentoo recommended
20 practices. I get the feeling that "sets" via portage 2.2 is very
21 much a work in progress. So which of these approaches is likely
22 to become the de'facto method?
25 Also, I omitted the "~amd64" at the end of all of those manual
26 entries into my package.keywords file. It work without them.
27 So my question is the "-amd64" entry on every line of my package.keywords
28 deprecated now with portage 2.2?
31 James