From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] how does one temporarily disable a firefox plugin
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 02:08:15
1 I have a stable x86 gentoo system with firefox (bon echo) 2.0.0.1) and
2 totem 2.16.4. According to about:plugins totem is to handle mp3 files
3
4 I am trying to download an MP3 from "The teaching company" (they have
5 lectures on various subjects). The actual button pressed invokes some
6 javascript.
7
8 The result is that totem generates an error msg namely
9 Totem could not play 'fd://0'.
10
11 I would like to temporarily not have totem handle the mp3s, but I was
12 unable to see how to do it.
13
14 I strongly suspect that unmerging totem (and remerging when done)
15 would work but was looking for a less drastic method.
16
17 Thanks,
18 allan
19 --