From: Chris Walters <cjw2004d@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IDE - Was: Cross Compiling in Gentoo
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 09:48:49
1 On 1/18/2012 04:27 AM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 <snip>
3 >>> Did you have a look at CodeLite (www.codelite.org) ?
4 >>>
5 >>> If you like, I can send you an ebuild for it (but you
6 >>> can install it under /usr/local, as well).
7 <snip>
8 >> That looks like a very good IDE, and best of all - open source. I
9 >> will take a
10 >> look at it. I'm not sure if it can help with cross compiling, but it
11 <snip>
12 > At least, all of my students use it on Windows (the Windows version
13 > contains a MinGW environment).
14 >
15 > Helmut.
16
17 That sounds promising. I'll get a copy for both Win 7 and Gentoo. I had free
18 versions of Visual Studio from some University classwork in computer science
19 (from an agreement the Department had with M$), but they will not even install
20 on my new computer due to the 64 bit OS.
21
22 I just wish the M$ would make Windows fully open source - from what I
23 understand, despite its prevalence, they do not make too much money off their
24 operating system - most of their income derives from the XBOX and other
25 software (like Visual Studio, and Office). At least, that would serve to make
26 Windows better and more secure.
27
28 Chris
31 ---
32 avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
33 Virus Database (VPS): 120118-0, 01/18/2012
34 Tested on: 1/18/2012 4:47:50 AM
35 avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2012 AVAST Software.