From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] duplicate gentoo system - errors
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 23:39:48
1 antlists wrote:
2 > On 25/11/2020 22:59, Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >> On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 13:37:48 -0600, Dale wrote:
4 >>
5 >>>>> First I've heard of a laptop having space for two hard drives.  I
6 >>>>> need to make a note of that.  Now one has reason to use labels on
7 >>>>> laptops too.  o_O
8 >>>> You already have. what if you boot with a flash drive connected and
9 >>>> it is recognised first?
10 >>>
11 >>> I wasn't counting a external device.  I was just referring to internal
12 >>> hard drives.  I don't even put flash drives in the same category as a
13 >>> hard drive either, even tho they can get large.
14 >>
15 >> Large in capacity but physically small. It's easy to reboot and not
16 >> realise you have a flash drive connected, which could possibly mess up
17 >> your drive naming.
18 >>
19 > Yup. I've forgotten which system it was - possibly this one - but I've
20 > got a system which will refuse to boot if I forget I've got a USB
21 > stick in it ...
22 >
23 > Cheers,
24 > Wol
29 I actually have mine set to look for a DVD first, USB stick second and
30 then for my 1st hard drive.  Thing is, I know not to have those things
31 there when I boot.  Of course, I don't boot/reboot very often.  When I
32 do, it's usually a power failure.  I guess because I've never did that,
33 except when I need to boot that way, I never thought a person would have
34 one plugged in that way.
35
36 Of course, I'm a bit weird.  Don't bother arguing with me on that.  ROFL
37
38 Dale
39