From: "Jc García" <jyo.garcia@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: openjdk-6-jdk
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 12:42:52
1 2014-08-25 19:56 GMT-06:00 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>:
2 > Jc García <jyo.garcia <at> gmail.com> writes:
6 >> >
7 >> Just dropping and idea for your ebuild, you might have this planned
8 >> but anyway, I would put something like 'virtual/jdk:1.6' in RDEPEND,
9 >> so if things work as they should(but that's not realistic), any of the
10 >> java implementations in the tree would provide jdk6 for your ebuild.
11 >
12 > I installed icedtea-bin for now.
13 >
14 > From the ebuild (which is a hack) I have :
15 >
16 > DEPEND="net-misc/curl
17 > dev-libs/cyrus-sasl
18 > python? ( dev-lang/python dev-python/boto )
19 > java? ( virtual/jdk )"
22 I have seen many ebuilds, with RDEPEND="cat/pkg...." and
23 DEPEND="${RDEPEND}", I would use that. because jdk is both a runtime,
24 and a build time dependency in this case.
25
26 > It seems would not compile until I installed the maven-bin
27 > package......Which is not a requisite in the ebuild
28 > but I saw that maben was a required code for building mesos on another
29 > distro....
30 >
31 Put maven-bin in DEPEND then, with any other build time dependency,
32 also there's a java-mvn-src eclass in the tree, and two other maven
33 related eclasses in the java overlay. check those out if you haven't
34 already . I have never used maven, only ant and I'm still learning
35 about ebuilds, so I can't say anything else.
36
37 > Like I said, it's a hack, but I'll get it cleaned up; because nobody
38 > else seemed motivated to get mesos running on gentoo.
39 >
40 > Now it off to get spark[1] and the hadoop[2] happy on gentoo...
41 >
42 > happy, happy happy
45 > James
46 >