From: Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto <please.no.spam.here@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cruft in /etc. How to clean in out.
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 14:41:31
1 On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 5:29 AM, Dirk Heinrichs
2 <dirk.heinrichs.ext@×××.com> wrote:
3 > Am Donnerstag 27 November 2008 03:54:25 schrieb ext Jorge Peixoto de Morais
4 > Neto:
5 >
6 >> By the way, I found it weird that git has a lot of git-* binaries in
7 >> /usr/bin that are all 777 KB.
8 >
9 > Hardlinks? Check the link count in "ls -l" output. BTW: Newer versions don't
10 > do this anymore.
11 >
12 > Bye...
13 >
14 > Dirk
15 I stand corrected.
16 BTW, this indicates a bug in qsize. qsize --filesystem indicated that
17 git occupied more than 70 MB in disk. But I have just built git with
18 --buildpkgonly and extracted the tarball to a temporary directory;
19 here is what du says:
20
21 ~/tmp $ du -sc etc usr
22 8 etc
23 6480 usr
24 6488 total
25
26 I should file a bug against app-portage/portage-utils, no?