From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hoe to stop em8300-modulesinstalling?
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 06:45:21
1 Dave Jones wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Dale wrote on 20/11/08 02:40:
5 >
6 >> William Kenworthy wrote:
7 >>
8 >>> An emerge world wants to install em8300-modules which according to
9 >>> equery is caused by sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-2.6.27-r3 which is
10 >>> installed but not in use - yet.
11 >>>
12 >>> As em8300 wont build, and I dont have a one (I presume its a video
13 >>> chip-set??) I dont want to fuss with it, so how do I stop world trying
14 >>> to install it?
15 >>>
18 >> Is there a USE flag that is causing gentoo-sources to pull it in?
19 >> That's all I can think of unless there is a roach in the works somewhere.
23 >> If you are new to Gentoo, add the -v option to emerge so it will show
24 >> the USE flags and other info that may shed some light.
27 > Removing the USE=dxr3 flag seemed to work for me.
28 >
29 > Cheers, Dave
34 Cool. I have no clue what that was but USE flag will usually pull in
35 things we don't want. I figured it was worth a shot.
36
37 Glad to help.
38
39 Dale