From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vmWare HowTo / best practices
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 16:53:58
1 On 2013-04-19 11:22 AM, Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > vmware-tools: I have tested open-vm-tools but now I'm running
3 > my VMs without them because every kernel upgrade was a real
4 > pain in a**. And trully I did not see any benefit in running
5 > vm-tools (maybe it would be different on desktop). For
6 > shutdown of Gentoo-VMs from ESXi I use ssh-script or
7 > hibernation.
8
9 Hi Jarry,
10
11 I missed the significance of this (didn't realize that the vmware tools
12 required modules to be enabled...
13
14 Can you elaborate on how you execute safe shutdowns of your gentoo vms
15 from the ESXi host?
16
17 Thanks!