From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge latest in a certain version series of a package
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 15:36:36
1 Thanasis <thanasis <at> asyr.hopto.org> writes:
4 > No, because as I said in a previous post, the matter is that when a
5 > newer version 3.10.X is in the tree, and you do an update of the world
6 > set, the newer kernel source of the 3.10.X series won't appear as an update.
7 > You'll have to emerge it again "manually" and likewise "manually"
8 > unmerge the older one.
11 Manual control/determination of kernels may appear overtly
12 clumsy, but it is far better to expend a bit of extra time, manually,
13 than in panic mode; which is why I think you see a lack
14 of feature rich granularity in gentoo related to kernels, imho.
17 James