From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] empty cdrom drive is busy or mounted
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 16:21:39
1 On 2019.08.16 12:00, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > On 08/16/2019 05:25:34 PM, Jack wrote:
3 >> try "lsof /cdrom"?  It says the mount point, not the device, might
4 >> be busy.
7 > This didn't show anything.
8 > I still don't know the cause of my problems.
9 > But fortunately, they have been resolved by recompiling the kernel
10 > (5.2.0),
11 > systemd and all packages depending on systemd - using the new
12 > gcc-9.2.0
13 >
14 > Furthermore I had to add the use flags
15 > cgroup-hybrid -sysv-utils
16 > for systemd. This hasn't been necessary before - very strange.
17 > For me, systemd is a monster which I haven't understood.
18 > I try to not use it since I am using openrc.
19 > Perhaps I have to remove it from my system and use eudev instead of
20 > udev as part of systemd.
21 >
22 > Thanks for trying to help me - it was a really strange situation.
23
24 If you are using openrc (as I am) I would say you really don't want
25 systemd installed at all. I can't imagine any good coming from that.
26 You do need eudev, I also have elogind installed, but I'm not sure if
27 it's absolutely required, or if I had some other reason for installing
28 (possibly to get rid of consolekit?)