From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: dalek@××××××××××.net
Subject: [gentoo-user] New install, I still can't send email. Same error too.
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 04:22:54
1 Hi guys.
2
3 The last thread seemed to have went off base due to more than one problem at a
4 time. I just finished a new install on another hard drive. I now have a
5 working Mozilla, it opens now anyway. I still get the same error when
6 sending emails I used to have though. Here it is again:
9 " An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: 5.7.1
10 <whatever email address I am trying to send to> Relaying denied. Please
11 verify that your email address is correct in your Mail preferences and try
12 again."
15 To recap a bit. I have a problem sending email to anyone outside my ISPs
16 network. I can't send to a yahoo, or my brothers Bell South account and some
17 others too. I can send a email to my ISPs customer service and other users
18 there.
19
20 I have called my ISP and they have no problems with any other customer. I did
21 copy over my /home directory. I also tried setting up a new user with a
22 empty user directory and then tried to send a email that way, same error.
23
24 Earlier today when I was talking to my ISP, I got them to set up a new account
25 for me to test with. I can't send any email with it either. So after
26 setting up a new user on my end and setting up a new account on their end, I
27 have no clue what to try next. Kmail is working for the moment, that's how I
28 am sending this one.
29
30 I plan to try my brothers ISP tonight. I want to see if I can send with it.
31 He uses Bell South.
32
33 What else can I try? I have no clue what is wrong here. Please don't tell me
34 to use windoze. I'm seriously considering installing Mandrake 9.1 and
35 testing that. It was buggy but it worked. It may be worth testing anyway.
36 Let me know if you need more info. I'll post whatever you want, short of my
37 password. LOL
38
39 Thanks for the help. I'm open to ideas here.
40
41 Dale
42 :-)
43 --