From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pm-suspend problem
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 03:27:26
1 On 10/14/2015 11:11 AM, Mick wrote:
2 >
3 > PS/2 should just work™. It plugs straight into the MoBo chipset IRQs (via
4 > LAPIC these days) and does not rely on userspace applications.
7 It should but on some boards it doesn't. I specifically remember an
8 older ASUS board that had a jumper by the PS2 port that was defaulted to
9 NOT wake. You had to move that jumper, then go into the BIOS under power
10 options and set wake from keyboard to "space bar" in order for it to work.
11
12 I haven't had a PS2 keyboard in ages now - I don't think the motherboard
13 on the Intel board I have even has a PS2 port, so I didn't think of the
14 possibility of the PS2 keyboard not working. :-)
15
16 Dan