From: "Randolph Maaßen" <r.maassen60@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnome 3.6 ... and related thoughts
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 00:24:36
1 2012/12/28 Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at>
2
3 > Am 28.12.2012 00:45, schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés:
4 >
5 > > No, it works that way. You could changed in previous versions with
6 > > the /apps/metacity/general/mouse_button_modifier key in gconftool-2,
7 > > but now it's gone. I don't know if anyone is working on bring it
8 > > back.
9 >
10 > I *liked* the "old way" ... is there any explanation why removing this
11 > improves things? How is it supposed to work now?
12 >
13 > Sorry, I could browse docs, sure ...
16 I can't tell you how the window move works now. The "old way" of
17 configuring was removed and won't be included in the new 3.X branch
18 anymore, Somehow the GNOME people don't like that the user can configure
19 his/her GNOME experience. They want that every GNOME 3 looks and feels the
20 same.
21
22 Maybe interesting to read:
23 http://igurublog.wordpress.com/2012/11/05/gnome-et-al-rotting-in-threes/
24 I think we had this before in the list
28 > > I started over with a clean $HOME, and I moved back the non-GNOME
29 > > stuff (.ssh, .gnupg, .bash*, etc). But maybe it was overkill.
30 >
31 > Thanks for sharing. I will maybe try that tomorrow (late here).
32 >
33 > usermod -l ... ? ;-)
34 >
35 > S
42 Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
43
44 Randolph Maaßen