From: "Christoph Böhmwalder" <christoph@×××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nodejs emerge fails
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 19:44:32
1 On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 03:15:09PM -0400, Andrew Udvare wrote:
2 > It should not be accessing this location in any case. What is the environment like? What does env show? emerge --config output?
3 >
4 > It would almost seem like you have $HOME set to /home/christoph while Portage is running (as root).
5
6 The only thing that stands out about `env` is that XDG_CONFIG_HOME is set to
7 /home/christoph/.config (running as root). I'm not sure if it's supposed
8 to be this way, but I didn't find anything in my dotfiles that would
9 suggest that I'm overwriting it.
10
11 $HOME points to /root.
12
13 I'm not sure what you mean by "emerge --config output"? Running
14 `emerge --config` just gives:
17 # emerge --config nodejs
18
19 Configuring pkg...
20
21 Warning: ccache requested but no masquerade dircan be found in /usr/lib*/ccache/bin
22 * pkg_config() is not defined: 'nodejs-8.11.1.ebuild'
26 Regards,
27 Christoph