From: Stuart Howard <stuart.g.howard@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] gvim emerge problems
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 08:03:09
1 Good morning all
2
3 I am getting this following message when attempting to update world,
4 since there has been no traffic on here I guess the issue is specific
5 to my setup.
6 I imagine that the solution would be to -aC gvim then re-emerge but I
7 would appreciate some guidance before I do that as to be without vim
8 would be ....
9 This same issue happened last week but the solution was to bring
10 vim-core into ~* this week I have no where to go with that.
11 I imagine that I could also follow the instruction given in the output
12 but it seem strange that that would be required to achevie a simple
13 update, if I am slotted or have multiple installs it is not by design
14 so I would prefer to revert to a simple install.
15 Any help gratefully accepted
16
17 Cheers
18 stu
19
20 genstu stuart # emerge -aDuvN world
21
22 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
23
24 Calculating world dependencies |
25 !!! Multiple versions within a single package slot have been
26 !!! pulled into the dependency graph:
27
28 ('ebuild', '/', 'app-editors/vim-core-7.0.201', 'merge') pulled in by
29 ('ebuild', '/', 'app-editors/gvim-7.0.201', 'merge')
30
31 ('ebuild', '/', 'app-editors/vim-core-7.0.174', 'nomerge') pulled in by
32 ('ebuild', '/', 'app-editors/vim-7.0.174', 'nomerge')
33
34 It may be possible to solve this problem by using package.mask to
35 prevent one of those packages from being selected. However, it is also
36 possible that conflicting dependencies exist such that they are
37 impossible to satisfy simultaneously. If such a conflict exists in the
38 dependencies of two different packages, then those packages can not be
39 installed simultaneously.
40
41 For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man page
42 or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.
43
44 !!! Depgraph creation failed.
45
46 genstu stuart # grep vim /var/lib/portage/world
47 app-vim/vimpython
48 app-vim/vimbuddy
49 app-editors/gvim
50 app-vim/info
51 app-vim/vimcommander
52 app-vim/calendar
53 app-vim/cvsmenu
54 app-vim/locateopen
55 app-editors/vim
56 app-vim/svncommand
57 app-vim/taglist
58
59 genstu stuart # grep vim /etc/portage/package.keywords
60 app-editors/vim-core ~*
61 app-editors/gvim ~*
65 "There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand
66 binary, those who don't"
67
68 --Unknown
69 --