From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: systemd-boot on openrc
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 20:18:21
1 On Sun, Apr 17, 2022 at 1:05 PM Martin Vaeth <martin@×××××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4 > > On Sunday, 17 April 2022 16:42:35 -00 Martin Vaeth wrote:
5 > >> Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
6 > >> > On Sunday, 17 April 2022 14:54:50 -00 Rich Freeman wrote:
7 > >> >> Can't you just fix your USE flags with systemd-utils? Why revert?
8 > >> >
9 > >> > No, because the flag I'd need is 'boot', and that triggers switching from
10 > >> > elogind to systemd.
11 > >>
12 > >> No, USE=boot for systemd-util does not trigger anything like that.
13 > >
14 > > I meant, if I set that flag, portage wants me to remove elogind andinstall
15 > > systemd.
16 >
17 > Maybe, but the fault is certainly not this flag but something else.
18 > For instance, that you do not have keyworded something which you should have.
19
20 It would probably be helpful to post more relevant output, like
21 portage output including --verbose and so on so that it is clear what
22 it is actually doing.
23
24 systemd-utils blocks systemd, so I can't see how it could force you to
25 install systemd (after all, it just supplies things that are otherwise
26 bundled with systemd already). Maybe in addition to setting the boot
27 USE flag you also changed something else?
30 Rich
33 Rich