From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sysctl not executed at boot time
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 01:29:26
1 On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 08:33:28PM +0100, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > It seems that my sysctl.conf is not executed at boot time. If a apply a
5 > sysctl -p after boot, it adjusts a lot of parameters I added to syscl.conf.
6 >
7 > A rc-update shows the the sysctl server should start a boot time.
8 >
9 > Any ideas?
10
11 Is it possible that the system initializes to default values *AFTER*
12 the sysctl server sets them to your values at bootup? To run "sysctl -p"
13 as late as possible, I suggest putting the following 2 lines in
14 /etc/local.d/000.start
15
16 #!/bin/bash
17 sysctl -p
18
19 Anad remember to chmod the file to executable. According to
20 /etc/local.d/README
21
22 > This directory should contain programs or scripts which are to be
23 > run when the local service is started or stopped.
24 >
25 > If a file in this directory is executable and it has a .start
26 > extension, it will be run when the local service is started. If a
27 > file is executable and it has a .stop extension, it will be run when
28 > the local service is stopped.
29 >
30 > All files are processed in lexical order.
33 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
34 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications