From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] annotate html pages
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 02:25:37
1 Sorry for the OT but as many here know this is the place to get quick
2 pointers to other related or semi-related material since there are
3 many experts and near experts here.
4
5 Ok, enough smoke blown... now:
6
7 I have some text books on CD that are in html. I'd like to annotate
8 as I read, much like writing in the margins of real books.
9
10 This is such an obvious good idea I'm pretty sure its been done and
11 there are tools available.
12
13 I can muddle thru this by hand with targets and anchors and the like
14 and do have some bare minimum html skills. But the time it would take
15 me would pretty much nullify the utility of it.
16
17 Plus, I'm thinking someone has put together a tool that can hold an
18 html frame of a book page and a couple inches at the bottom of the
19 browser screen where one can enter text much like any text editor
20 except this text editor has a switch or button that creates a link at
21 the relevent paragraph or page being read.
22
23 All the while the book appears as rendered html. And doesn't have to
24 be switched to source and back or something distracting.
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list