From: Dan Sheffner <dsheffner@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] http-replicator: error: invalid directory '/var/cache/http-replicator' [ ok ]
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 18:19:09
I'm trying to get the http replicator working. I'm not sure what I'm doing
wrong. Below are the steps I did to prep the machine. I know that the user
portage has write/read access as specified in /etc/conf.d/http-replicator. I
also went over step by step with a user that has been using this before this
package was put into portage. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY Appreciated.

echo "net-proxy/http-replicator" >> /etc/portage/packcage.keywords
emerge http-replicator

Below is what my make.conf looks like on the server

# These settings were set by the catalyst build script that automatically
built this stage
# Please consult /etc/make.conf.example for a more detailed example
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium4"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.namerica.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://gentoo.osuosl.org/"
http_proxy="http://10.1.10.37.com:8080"
RESUMECOMMAND=" /usr/bin/wget -t 5 --passive-ftp \${URI} -O
\${DISTDIR}/\${FILE}"

Below is what my client make.conf

# These settings were set by the catalyst build script that automatically
built this stage
# Please consult /etc/make.conf.example for a more detailed example
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium3"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
USE="mdadm"
SYNC="rsync://10.1.10.37/gentoo-portage"
http_proxy="http://10.1.10.37.com:8080"
RESUMECOMMAND=" /usr/bin/wget -t 5 --passive-ftp \${URI} -O
\${DISTDIR}/\${FILE}"

Here is the proof that the rights are correct
localhost ~ # ls -ld /var/cache/http-replicator/
drwxrwxrwx 2 portage portage 8192 Jan 25 21:53 /var/cache/http-replicator/
localhost ~ #

I run the command repcacheman and it works fine with the below output

Found 22746 ebuilds.

Extracting the checksums....
Done!

SUMMARY:
Found 0 duplicate file(s).
Deleted 0 dupe(s).
Found 19 new file(s).
Added 0 of those file(s) to the cache.
Rejected 0 corrupt or incomplete file(s).
19 Unknown file(s) that are not listed in portage
You may want to delete them yourself....

Done!

When I go to start the server it says. And this is where I believe it fails.

I have also tried repcacheman --user portage --dir
/var/cache/http-replicator

localhost / # /etc/init.d/http-replicator restart
* Stopping Http-Replicator ...
No http-replicator found running; none killed. [ ok ]
* Starting Http-Replicator ...
usage: http-replicator [options]

http-replicator: error: invalid directory '/var/cache/http-replicator' [ ok
]

Below is my /etc/conf.d/http-replicator

## Config file for http-replicator
## sourced by init scripts automatically
## GENERAL_OPTS used by repcacheman
## DAEMON_OPTS used by http-replicator

## Set the cache dir
GENERAL_OPTS="--dir /var/cache/http-replicator"

## Change UID/GID to user after opening the log and pid file.
## 'user' must have read/write access to cache dir:
GENERAL_OPTS="$GENERAL_OPTS --user portage"

## Don't change or comment this out:
DAEMON_OPTS="$GENERAL_OPTS"

## Do you need a proxy to reach the internet?
## This will forward requests to an external proxy server:
## Use one of the following, not both:
#DAEMON_OPTS="$DAEMON_OPTS --external somehost:1234"
#DAEMON_OPTS="$DAEMON_OPTS --external username:password@host:port"

## Local dir to serve clients. Great for serving binary packages
## See PKDIR and PORTAGE_BINHOST settings in 'man make.conf'
## --alias /path/to/serve:location will make /path/to/serve
## browsable at
http://http-replicator.com:port/location<http://http-replicator.com/location>
DAEMON_OPTS="$DAEMON_OPTS --alias /usr/portage/packages/All:All"

## Dir to hold the log file:
DAEMON_OPTS="$DAEMON_OPTS --log /var/log/http-replicator.log"

## Make the log messages less and less verbose.
## Up to four times to make it extremely quiet.
#DAEMON_OPTS="$DAEMON_OPTS --quiet"
#DAEMON_OPTS="$DAEMON_OPTS --quiet"

## Make the log messages extra verbose for debugging.
#DAEMON_OPTS="$DAEMON_OPTS --debug"

## The ip addresses from which access is allowed. Can be used as many times
## as necessary. Access from localhost is allowed by default.
DAEMON_OPTS="$DAEMON_OPTS --ip 192.168.*.*"
DAEMON_OPTS="$DAEMON_OPTS --ip 10.*.*.*"

## The proxy port on which the server listens for http requests:
DAEMON_OPTS="$DAEMON_OPTS --port 8080"