From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Local mail server
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2020 18:45:39
1 On 7/31/20 1:54 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > If I had a week with nothing to do, I'd love to try to get something
3 > like that working
4
5 You don't need a week. You don't even need a day. You can probably
6 have a test tunnel working (on your computer) in less than an hour.
7 Then maybe a few more hours to get it to work on your existing equipment
8 (router) robustly and automatically on reboot.
9
10 I encourage you to spend that initial hour. I think you will find that
11 will be time well spent.
12
13 Hurricane Electric does have something else that will take more time,
14 maybe a few minutes a day over a month or so. Their IPv6 training
15 program (I last looked a number of years ago) is a good introduction to
16 IPv6 in general. Once you complete it, they'll even send you a shirt as
17 a nice perk.
18
19 Note: H.E. IPv6 training is independent and not required for their
20 IPv6-in-IPv4 tunnel service.
21
22 > but, I assume you need a static IPv4 address.
23
24 Nope. Not really.
25
26 You do need a predictable IPv4 address. I'm using a H.E. tunnel on a
27 sticky IP (DHCP with long lease and renewals) perfectly fine.
28
29 If your IP does change, you just need to update the tunnel or create a
30 new one to replace the old one. This is all manged through their web
31 interface.
36 Grant. . . .
37 unix || die